Two Cents Worth
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Hey!!

Temptress Willingly Offering Carnal Embraces and Naughty, Thrilling Stimulation

I'm going to need to take some time off in January to recover from December! Let's see so far; my ear infection came back and I caught a cold, my mom's birthday, my youngest son's birthday, three Christmas parties and a dinner for 120 people that I'll be preparing with only one assistant. That's all during last week and this coming week. I still have all of my Christmas shopping to do and decorating of the house. The tree went up last night. Any one expecting a "real" Christmas card from me this year can kiss my large round posterior!

I know a lot of people are up in arms about the whole Happy Holidays thing but frankly I'm having a hard time really seeing this as a problem. I'm a Christian so for me this is Christmas. If I were Swahili I might be celebrating Kwanza or if I were Jewish it'd be Hanukkah. If I were Pagan I might like celebrating the Solstice and then we all get into New Years.

Whatever.

This is the "holidays" therefore I will wish you a happy one. This is the season for winter festivities. Jesus was born some time in April. The organized Church (A.D. 320) decided to join in with the existing winter type parties and CREATE their own. I mean really, what the hell does pine trees, jolly fat men, annoying multicolored flashing lights or mistletoe have to do with the birth of Christ. I don't hear anyone chanting death to the snowmen!

posted by twocents @ 9:49 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Buffalo said…

    Whatever you believe.......enjoy.

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Amethyst Rising said…

    Actually, I believe the commonly believed reason for celebrating Christ's birth in December was to celebrate it about the time of the Pagan's Yule to attract more Pagans to convert...
    Interesting article on the subject here...
    http://realmagick.com/articles/51/1551.html
    Wishing you a very happy ChristmaHaunakwanzaYule!

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Ron Southern said…

    Snowman, burn in hell! Ah, what could be more fun to say!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: twocents
Home: Maryland, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links