Two Cents Worth
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
January 11 and the Year Already Sucks!
I am alive but well is an other issue.
We admitted my 78 year old father in law to the hospital on December 28th. He had pneumonia and then a heart attack while the paramedics were getting him out of the house. I went to the hospital with him in the ambulance because my mother in law was more concerned with taking the fucking dog out to piss than being with her husband. I know that's probably not fair. I'm sure she was coping the best way she could. I'm still pissed however.
He had a double bypass done back in '74 so once they got the infection beat back a bit the doctors wanted more cardiac testing. The catheterization showed 60%-100% blockage in 4 main vessels. His heart is working at 20% capacity. We all decided to go for a second bypass to replace the old grafts and repair some new blockage but first more testing. The CT scan found cancer in his lungs. Just fuck me running. We're waiting for the surgeon to figure out what type of cancer we're dealing with so we know if it's safe to open him up.
There is so much shit going on with the family politics that I can barely function. My brother in law is an ass and his wife is a money grubbing bitch. That's being nice. My mother in law is the pacifist and my husband is in denial.
New Years was spent with friends and a bottle of Captain Morgan. I'm not really sure which one made me feel better.
Please send more Captain!
posted by twocents @ 8:47 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Tiger said…

    ...yeah, this year is really cruising along with some whacked out "energy" for sure...

    family politics SUCK.

    Captian Morgan to the rescue!! (or in my case Kahlua... ;)

    ((((hugs))))

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger twocents said…

    Tiger!

    I used to love Kahlua until the night I got drunk on white russians and threw up on my best friend. In fact that's how I knew she was my best friend. Only some one that loves you will hold your hair out of your face while you're barfing on them.

    Hugs back at ya!

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Edge said…

    best to your dad, that's a lot to undergo at his age.

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Buffalo said…

    Have 2 jugs of Captain sitting on the counter. You're welcome to share.

    Sorry, darlin'. The dealer can pass out some shitty hands.

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Amethyst Rising said…

    Nothing is worse than family politics... Just don't feel guilty to take time for yourself... For your own sanity!
    Healing thoughts going to your whole family, Luv...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: twocents
Home: Maryland, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links