Two Cents Worth
Friday, January 20, 2006
Time
It's been eight days since my last post. Seems like 2. Time is distorted. I miss my friends, the ones on both sides of this screen. I'm just not able to hold up my end of the bridge right now. If they lay down their end too, I can't blame them.

The Old Man had his surgery yesterday. What was supposed to be a triple by-pass became a quadruple. He is still on the ventilator and isn't very responsive. Time will tell. He may also need to be on dialysis for awhile. At some point in the future he'll need to have a pacemaker installed. Then after that they want to figure out what the unknown mass in his lungs really came from, cancer or asbestos exposure. His body is just so worn out. Of course, if he survives all of the medical procedures he may never die.

I spent 12 hours at the hospital. Two of them in the ER with Meenie. She announced in the middle of school that if her grandfather died she was going to kill herself. While I needed to be with my husband and mother-in-law I was busy convincing a "crisis" councilor that Meenie wasn't really a threat to herself, She just needed to come to grips with reality. Some time after that I not so gently told my daughter the same thing. It hurt her. It hurt me to have to do it but she has to grow up now.

Tomorrow I start my new second job. It'll only last through tax season but the next few weeks are peak and I'm on call several nights.

I am the strong one.
I am so fucking tired.
posted by twocents @ 1:30 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Ron Southern said…

    Nothing's more tiring that illlnes, even when it's not your own, but that of a loved one.

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger magdala said…

    babygirl, I'll hold your end of the bridge up for a while if it helps. {hugs} I'm here if you need me.

    magdala~

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Buffalo said…

    Baby, the strong usually are the tired. Hang tough. I'm only a click away if you need an ear or a shoulder.

     
  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger Amethyst Rising said…

    Anything you need that I can do for you from out here in the middle of nowhere... You let me know.. Hugs, Luv...

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger BlazngScarlet said…

    Red darlin, I am so sorry.
    I've neglected coming here for awhile .... I suck.
    Anywho, like everyone else, I am here for you, if you need anything.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: twocents
Home: Maryland, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links